Sunday, June 9, 2013

Paper Piecing with Travel Marci

Hi Guys! We've had a few inquiries on the La-La Land Facebook page on how to do paper piecing, so I have put together a quick tutorial to show how super easy this fantastic technique is. 

Supplies: 
Basic Grey Papers
Memento Black Ink
Scissors
Wet Glue/Glue Pen
Tweezers (optional)
Color medium of choice


1. Stamp the image onto blending card and colour in all the skin areas and hair. 
Skin: E000, E00, E11, R20
Hair: E15, E17, E18
At this point I didn't know whether I was going to paper piece the boots so I left them uncoloured. 
Set the image aside. 


2. Next, stamp the image again onto patterned papers. I have used 3 for this tutorial but you could just use 1 and colour more of the image with your copics/pencils/etc. 


3. Cut out all the pieces you need, carefully along the ink line. When it comes to tiny pieces, like on the left hand side of Marci's skirt, I tend not to cut them out until I need them. They can get lost very easily. 


4. Using a wet glue or glue pen adhere each piece onto the image. Again, for really small pieces, I find it easier to apply the glue to the image and use a craft tweezers to fix the paper piece in place. 


And here is the finished image. I coloured the boots with copics - E42, E43, E44. 


I hope this little tutorial is a big help to you all, and answers your questions!!
Sandie
xXx

6 comments:

  1. I always wondered how they did this...great idea, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable look....I am digging out my stamps today to try this!!! Thanks for the great instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much I always wondered what it meant but to scared to ask, i'm so going to try this out can't wait :-)

    love & hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete